CHALLENGER6 ECU SOFTWARE
WARNING LEVEL : Normal
NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
Two bugs have been fixed in the Winjall part for Challenger6 calibrations.
• the first bug did not allow standard licenses to enable the CAN-BUS communication with dashboards.
• the second bug reversed the 3-state rpm relay auxiliary commands: the device was therefore commanded in reverse.
Fly by wire:
Allows the selection between synchronous command mode (standard mode) and asynchronous mode (advised new mode): see new documentation 'Fly by wire'.
The asynchronous mode is preferably to use because
• it allow to manage a more precise position on very small openings, giving a better control of the tick over rpm,
• it consumes less current,
• it makes the electric motor runs cooler,
• it produces less spikes and less noise.
The interferences filtering on analog inputs have been improved, giving a better stability of the general operation.
• System V110
• Throttle/RPM: V120 (new - 21st 05/2012)
• Pressure/RPM and turbo: V120 (new - 21st 05/2012)
Documentations in English:
• Challenger6 tuning software pack: 21 separate documents, each for one specific fonction of the ECU, with many didactic examples (new - 21st 05/2012)
• Challenger6 installation: V1.00 - with commands of ignition modules (21st 08/2011)
• Challenger6 options installation: V1.10 - sequential gearboxes, fly by wire, air electrovalves, bang-bang ... (new - 8th 02/2012)
• Does not contain Winjall software. Winjall must first be downloaded and installed apart.
• Does not contain the sensors convertion maps nor the actuators command maps. These maps have to be downloaded and installed apart with the pack SensAct.
NEEDING Winjall V220.127.116.11 (see specific downloading)
V18.104.22.168 or later version of Winjall software must mandatory have been installed first.
HOW TO UPGRADE TUNEWARES
• Download new .zip Challenger6 software pack file and save it in a directory on your hard disk.
• If you have already install a former version of this pack, you have to usinstall it before installing this new one:
In Windows XP, execute 'Start/Parameters/Configuration/Add-Remove programs'.
In Windows 7, execute 'Start/Parameters/Configuration/Programs and feratures'.
In the software list, select Challenger6 then 'Uninstall'. Follow uninstall instructions.
• With the explorer, double click on the downloaded software pack .zip file, then double click on Setup. At the question on files extraction, answer 'Extract All'.
• If the installation does not automatically start: in the new directory created by the extraction, double click on Setup (application).
(Improvements are added from a version to the next one)
Throttle/RPM : V110 (System V100)
Pressure/RPM : V110 (System V100)
- Allows the use of coil loading time extremely short (<500 microseconds) for very high efficiency coils or capacitive discharges
- Allows a better load of the coils at engine startup
2) Fly by wire:
- Allowed stop of the fly by wire command below a tuneable rpm, to avoid spikes at the engine start with inductive sensors and save power when the engine does not run
- Allowed stop of the fly by wire command if engine stalls, to avoid spikes with inductive sensors and and allow the automatic cutoff of the fuel pump.
Throttle/RPM : V100 (System V100)
Pressure/RPM : V100 (System V100)
Version 100 is the base version of the new Challenger6 ECUs.