CHALLENGER5 ECU SOFTWARE
The Challenger5 is an engine management ECU with a very high computing power.
It is specifically made for atmospheric as well as turbocharged racing engines, 1, 2 or 4-cylinder.
WARNING LEVEL : Normal
Two bugs on version 188.8.131.52 have been fixed in the Winjall part for Challenger5 calibrations. This present version only changes the software in PC and does not modify the Challenger5 V120 Tunewares (ECU software).
• the first bug (fixed in version 184.108.40.206) did not allow standard licenses to enable the CAN-BUS communication with dashboards.
• the second bug (which was yet existing in version 220.127.116.11 and is only fixed in this version 18.104.22.168) reversed the 3-state rpm relay auxiliary commands: the device was therefore commanded in reverse.
NEW FEATURES AND IMPROVEMENTS
Allows Challenger5 ECU to also manage turbocharged engines with and without bang-bang.
Multimapping richness tuning (see new multimapping documentation):
• Modification of richness target by multiplicative coefficient in place of absolute quantity.
• When importating in a new Tuneware the data of a previous version one, the old absolute target correction is not imported. This will require to manually correct the new richness modification by copying the coefficients of injection map modification.
• Error fixed on delayed lighting of the exceeding signal LED (the LED was not switched on).
• Fixed error on fixed ground output mode (the output did not give the ground).
• Fixed error on advanced display mode (advanced mode was displayed even if not required on real machines - not generic).
• System V110
• Throttle/RPM: V120 (new - 21st 12/2011)
• Pressure/RPM: V120 (new - 21st 12/2011)
Documentations in English:
• Challenger5 tuning software pack: 18 separate documents, each for one specific fonction of the ECU, with many didactic examples (new - 21st 12/2011)
• Challenger5 installation: V1.10 - with commands of ignition modules (new - 21st 12/2011)
• Challenger5 options installation: V1.10 - sequential gearboxes, air electrovalves, ... (new - 21st 12/2011)
• Does not contain Winjall software. Winjall must first be downloaded and installed apart.
• Does not containt the sensors convertion maps nor the actuators command maps. These maps have to be downloaded and installed apart with the pack SensAct.
NEEDING Winjall V22.214.171.124 (see specific downloading)
V126.96.36.199 or later version of Winjall software must mandatory have been installed first.
HOW TO UPGRADE TUNEWARES
• Download new .zip Challenger5 software pack file and save it in a directory on your hard disk.
• If you have already install a former version of this pack, you have to usinstall it before installing this new one:
In Windows XP, execute 'Start/Parameters/Configuration/Add-Remove programs'.
In Windows 7, execute 'Start/Parameters/Configuration/Programs and feratures'.
In the software list, select Challenger5 then 'Uninstall'. Follow uninstall instructions.
• With the explorer, double click on the downloaded software pack .zip file, then double click on Setup. At the question on files extraction, answer 'Extract All'.
• If the installation does not automatically start: in the new directory created by the extraction, double click on Setup (application).
(Improvements are added from a version to the next one)
Throttle/RPM : V110 (System V110)
Version 110 is the base version of the new Challenger5 ECUs, only for atmospheric engines.
Throttle/RPM : V100 (System V100)
Version 100 is an obsolete version not usable with Challenger5 ECUs.