The Commander66 direct injection kit is based on the Commander66 ECU which is added a high voltage driver for driving the injectors. It allows managing 1 to 6-cylinder engines in direct injection and static ignition. It can manage in-line engines and 'V' engines as well, with a separated management for each bank of cylinders (intake, Lambda, turbos and camshafts for each bank).
Several tunings can get along for the same engine (multimapping). The desired tuning can be selected while running, by a rotator or a dashboard switch, allowing the adaptation to the driving conditions, a super boost of the engine if necessary.
The kit being based on the Commander66 ECU, the overall functionality is the same (see standard kit description).
When Commander66 is used in direct injection, injection is sequential, phased on the start of injection. The phase of the injections is controlled by 1/10 degree.
The injectors command is configurable to adapt to the needs of the injectors to drive.
This command is composed of two main parts:
The peak delivers a high voltage under a strong current for a few hundred microseconds. This peak is a necessary part for a very rapid opening of the injectors. It is itself composed of two phases:
• The attack during which a high voltage (adjustable up to 65 volts) is applied continuously until getting a large current (can exceed 20 amperes)
• The withstand for which a switching of the high voltage is made to keep on the current level (adjustable length and switching).
The Hold, during which the voltage is supplied by the engine 12 volts battery supply with current control by switching the battery power to maintain the opening of the injector without damaging it by an excessive rise of its coil temperature (level of hold current adjustable from 1 to 16A).
FUEL HIGH PRESSURE COMMAND
The fuel pressure control can be done in two ways:
In PWM by the fuel flow supplying the pump, the frequency and direction control are adjustable. This is the type of control needed for BMW-Peugeot engines.
In engine synchrone command with tuning of the number of came push per engine cycle and push phases (to follow the camshaft drift). This is the type of control needed for VW FSI engines.
Whatever the type of command used, the RCO of the command is managed by a PID to follow the pressure target.
FUEL PRESSURE TARGET
The base target is given by a map function of load and engine speed. It is then corrected to get a reactive adaptation to the conditions of engine operation:
• Dynamic correction of the fuel target pressure in acceleration (anticipation of the need for pressure)
• Programmable delay of fuel pressure drop while foot lift (avoidance of oscillations on cutoff-reacceleration)
PROGRAMMABLE EMPTYING OF INJECTORS RAILS
The fuel pressure is given by the balance achieved between the filling of the ramp by the pump and its emptying by the flow of the injectors.
At the cutoff during deceleration, the injectors being stopped, it is not possible to reduce the fuel pressure (if needed) by the normal operation, and the resumption of injection (including idling) can be at a pressure much higher than desired.
A programmable function of ramps injectors emptying during deceleration cutoff has been included in the management of fuel pressure.
• ECU in automotive housing or
• ECU in racing housing with military type connector
* Price displayed automotive version
COMMANDER66 ECU DIRECT INJECTION KITS
• The Commander66 ECU is provided with accessories to install it on the direct injection engine.
• The CAN-BUS connection-to-PC kit is not included in the ECU kit. It is to be ordered in option or to be purchased separately. It is essential to be able to connect your PC to the Commander ECUs and tune the engine.
|ECU KIT CONTENT|
|Inductive injectors driver|
|Air temperature sensor|
|Water temperature sensor|
|3 ignition modules two ways (mono static injection 6-cylinder)|
*TWO LOOM TYPES ARE POSSIBLE
Semi finished loom
This loom is pre-wired on the ECU and driver side connectors, with sensors and actuators connectors not installed.
Its length is to be adapted when intalling on the vehicle, then the sensors and actuators connectors will be wired.
• The connectors of the standard sensors* and standard actuators* that are delivered with the kit are provided.
• The various branches of the loom are labeled (grounds, power supplies, measurements, auxiliary commands, injectors, ...) but not sheathed. High quality canvas adhesive tapes are provided to finish the sheathing when installing.
As every application is different, there is no standard finished loom:
You have to contact the Skynam technical service to detail the complete making of your loom (see contact page).
• The loom is completely sheathed with braid sleeving.
• The lengths of the various branches are standard (2 meters) or customized (lengths provided to Skynam).
• The connectors of the standard sensors* and standard actuators* are installed.
• The connectors of the other sensors and actuators are to install or are to provide to Skynam.
• The fuses and relays bases are installed if required.
*Standard sensors :
These are the sensors that belong to the engine accessories list.
• water and air temperature sensors,
• atmospheric and intake pressure sensors,
• temperature and pressure sensors of oil and fuel
These are the actuators that belong to the engine accessories list.
• gazoline injectors,
• ignitions coils
CONNECTION KIT AND SOFTWARES
The connection kit is to be ordered in option or can be separately purchased.
It is essential to be able to connect your PC to the Commander ECUs and tune the engine. The CAN-USB interface is the same for all Commander ECUs (gasoline and diesel).
|CAN-USB CONNECTION KIT CONTENT
|CAN-USB PC-ECU interface*
*Skynam uses a Lawicel interface specifically designed. The other CAN-USB interfaces (even other Lawicel) found on the market cannot work with Winjall. More, this special interface is equipped with an enhanced protection against electromagnetic spikes emitted by the engines.
You can download the installation CDROM parts from Skynam website.
|Detailed installation instructions
|Winjall tuning software with User's Manual
|ECU software pack with detailed documentation
|Driver software pack with detailed documentation|
|Injection and ignition base map to start the engine